College of Golf April 2019 Events
College of Golf Students Conduct
Tournament to Benefit Cystic Fibrosis
Keiser University College of Golf students recently hosted a nine-hole golf event to benefit Cystic Fibrosis.
Led by professor Frank Longabucco, 24 students and staff members participated in the ‘One Best Ball of Two, Gross and Net’ formatted event which was held at the PGA National Resort and Spa’s Fazio Golf Course.
Students managed every aspect of the tournament including flyers, rule sheets, handicapping, Golf Genius reports, scoreboard, announcements, and prizes. “The class did a great job, and the lessons provided a practical, real-world experience you can’t simulate in a classroom,” said Longabucco. “Everyone enjoyed the day, and the two-player format for the competition was very popular.”
Tournament winners included:
- Gross Division: Samantha Fuller and Tom Farrow Smith with a score of 2-under par 34
- Net Division: Liam Gransden and Hong Im with a score of 4-under par 32
Seahawk NCCGA Team Captures Florida Regional Tournament 2
The Keiser University Seahawk National Collegiate Club Golf Association (NCCGA) team recently won the Florida Regional Golf Tournament #2 by 24 strokes.
Defeating the University of Central Florida, the University of South Florida, and the University of Miami, the Seahawks held a slim two-stroke lead after day one and increased their margin to 24 strokes with a strong day two finish at the competition held at the Colony West Country Club in Tamarac, Florida.
Coach Frank Longabucco was extremely happy with the Seahawk victory. “The team performed exceptionally, with four Seahawks finishing in the top-10 individually, leading to a solid victory for the Seahawk team.”
- Ryan Prellwitz fired rounds of 77 and 78 to capture individual third place honors with a total score of 155.
- Royce Hunsberger finished fifth with a 158 total.
- Captain Nicholas Chabot finished in ninth place with a score of 160.
- Cameron Kelley captured 10th place with a 161 total.
- John Falco tied for 11th place with a score of 165.
The Seahawks are back in action this weekend when they compete in the Florida Regional Tournament #3 at Heritage Isles Golf and Country Club in Tampa, Florida, as they continue their quest to qualify for the NCCGA National Championship, which will conclude the Spring season.