Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SPORT MANAGEMENT
Keiser University’s Bachelor of Science in Sport Management is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required for a career in the sport industry. The sports industry is one of the largest segments of the economy, and opportunities for careers exist in international, professional, amateur, and collegiate sports, as well as in tourism, recreation, and private sport enterprise. The Keiser curriculum focuses on the business aspects of the sport industry, including marketing, management, law, ethics, economics, and finance. The program is offered as a 120-credit program and a 60-credit degree completion program. The 120-credit program features a course-based track with three concentrations in Golf Management, Psychology, and Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology. The degree completion program features concentrations in Golf Management, Psychology, and Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology. Students enrolling in the degree completion program must have an approved Associate’s degree.
The Port St. Lucie College of Golf and Sport Management offers the degree completion and the course-based track via web-based instructional delivery. The degree completion program with Golf Management concentration is also offered campus-based. The Sarasota branch campus offers the internship-based track via hybrid instructional delivery.
Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Integrate knowledge from sports management and business administration.
- Apply business procedures to sports management.
- Effectively market various types of sports and sport development programs.
- Understand the principles of organizational behavior as they relate to sport management and staffing.
- Understand the legal ramifications of managing a sports facility as they relate to both business law and human resource management.
- Analyze the role of ethics in sport management.
- Apply the principles of finance, accounting, and economics to the sport industry.
Students enrolled in the Golf Concentration are able to:
- Integrate knowledge from the golf industry with sport management.
Students enrolled in the Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology Concentration are able to:
- Integrate knowledge from Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology with sport management.
Students enrolled in the Psychology Concentration are able to:
- Integrate knowledge from the field of psychology with sport management.
PREREQUISITES FOR MAJOR COURSES
Successful completion of lower division SPM courses.
Upper Division Sport Management Courses (33.0 credit hours)
- Accounting for Managers and Investors
- Governance and Policy in Sport Organizations
- Risk Management
- Venue and Event Management
- Ethical Issues in Sport Management
- Strategic Sport Marketing and Sponsorship
- Sport Economics
- Sport Finance
- Strategic Management for Sport Organizations
- Sport Psychology
Golf Concentration (for students enrolled in Track 2) (18.0 credit hours)
- Golfer Development Programs
- Principles and Science of Coaching
- Marketing in Golf
- Technology in Sports Coaching
- Human Resources Mgmt. for the Golf Professional
- Sport Administration and Law for the Golf Professional
Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology Concentration (Track 2) (18.0 credit hours)
- Exercise Leadership
- Applied Kinesiology
- Advanced Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Nutrition in Health & Science
- Substance Abuse
- Stress Management
Psychology Concentration (for students enrolled in Track 2) (18.0 credit hours)
- Health Psychology
- Addictive Behaviors
- Adolescent Psychology
- Psychology of Adult Development
- Psychology of Coaching and Team Building
- Stress Management