10 Fun Golf Facts [Infographic]
10 Fun Golf Facts
“Golf is the greatest game in the world” may be an opinion, but here are some actual golf facts for you.
How much of this golf trivia do you know?
- 125K Golf balls are hit into the water at the 17th hole of the Stadium Course at Sawgrass each year.
- The French word “Cadet” (cad-DAY) means “youngest child” and is where the word “Caddy” comes from.
- Doug Ford entered a contest and predicted his own 1957 victory as well as his winning score of 282.
- A golf ball will travel further on hot days, because the air is less dense, so it takes less velocity to travel.
- Golf balls used to be made from leather and chicken or goose feathers. One ball would cost $10-20.
- Only 20% of golfers have a handicap below 18. A golfer with handicap of 18 is called a “Bogey Golfer”.
- Kassandra Komma from Oakland University has recorded two holes-in-one during a nine round game.
- Only two sports have ever been played while on the moon. One is golf and the other is the javelin throw.
- Until the invention and rising popularity of the golf tee, golfers played off of sand piles they built themselves.
- If you walked all eighteen holes instead of riding in a golf cart, you would walk approximately four miles.
Here’s a final fun fact: You can begin your journey to a career in golf with the programs available at Keiser University’s College of Golf. Give us a call today! 888-355-4465
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):