Associate of Science in Sports Medicine & Fitness Technology
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN SPORTS MEDICINE & FITNESS TECHNOLOGY
Keiser University’s College of Golf Associate of Science degree in Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology focuses on entry-level health and fitness assessment, prescription and lifestyle modification. The program provides a basic understanding of health risk factors, physiological adaptations to exercise, injury prevention, care and therapies and addresses all components of activity as related to sports and exercise.
- To develop a student’s ability to apply health and fitness assessments in the development, monitoring and motivation of individuals with exercise prescriptions.
- To prepare students to properly conduct and monitor exercise sessions.
- To assist students in understanding health risk factors, physiological adaptations to exercise and psychological factors associated with fitness and exercise programs.
- To assist students in understanding and applying basic biomechanical principles.
To receive an Associate of Science in Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology, students must earn 66.0 credit hours. Program requirements are as follows:
Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology Major Courses (40 credit hours)
- Health Appraisal and Wellness
- Exercise Leadership
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Principles of Health and Fitness
- Sports Medicine and First Aid
- Sports Psychology
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Administration and Law
- Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology Externship
Lower Division General Education Courses (26 credit hours)
Note: All lower division major and general education courses must be successfully completed before upper division courses are undertaken.